Confessions: It's a new dawn, it's a new day,it's a new life, for me...

Thursday 22 October 2009

It's a new dawn, it's a new day,it's a new life, for me...

..... And i'm feeling good!

Hey all! I know that I have been a bit lazy on the whole Blog/Vlog front, but today I am going to explain why! Before I do though, the next Vlog HAS been filmed and will most likely go onto Youtube on Sunday (just need to edit a few things!! - www.youtube.com/benjconfessions )

OK.... so remember from the last post, I filled you all in on the events of the night that I met the beautiful barman?? Well things have progressed, somewhat significantly!

We had arranged to have a "date" on the Friday post me meeting him... The dilemma that I had faced in regards to that was that I had let my mouth get carried away with me, and in the style of the true romantic that I am, had offered to cook! Well.... I CAN actually cook, but in the past it had always been for people that i felt comfortable around. But this time, I actually had to think on my feet - after all, I wanted this to be both romantic and impressive, but at the same time as though I had just thrown it together? I didnt want to look desperate!!!

So that week I went to work and sent out masses and masses of emails to my colleagues to ask for advice. What are you supposed to cook for someone that you dont know??? Well, true to form, my mates pulled together, and suddenly my inbox at work was full of suggestions! - By the way, when I said I can cook, what I actually mean to say is that I'm no Gordan Ramsey.... Sure, I know Herbs from weeds, but it most certainly wasn't going to be resaturant standard!

These ideas ranged from Gourmet through to slap up... and I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA which was best!!! There is one lady at work though (a bit of an angel) who had suggested that I buy the ingredients, bring them into work, and she would cook them for me..... then on the night, I only had to throw them into the oven and... Hey Presto! Meal for two... giving me time to worry about which side my hair was parted on and whether or not the flat was giving off the right ambience!!!!

As these things generally do however, when i am concerned, of course SOMETHING had to go wrong... In the few days to the lead up to the date, i was called out of the office and didn't have chance to give my freshly bought ingredients' to my guardian angel at work... so come the Night before, I had to think on my feet!

I scoured Google for the easiest, most romantic meal I could find! YUP.... Lasagne to the rescue.. I could prepare it all the night before and then just bung it in the oven upon his arrival! Perfect! So, I set to work on this masterpiece of a dish.... At the time, I remember thinking that I really hoped that it tasted much better than it looked, given that raw, it looked as though it had been run over by a fast moving vehicle!!! Too late, however, I had run out of time... The lasagne disaster had to do....

On the night of the date Mr. Barman turned up and the lasagne was whipped into the oven (before he had chance to look at it) - A trick that I have now learnt is that when making lasagne, cover it in a THICK layer of cheese, because when that bad boy goes into the heat, it all melts and hides all of the imperfections!!! See, told you i was sly!

Anyway, to cut a long story short... the meal was a success; We washed it down with liberal amounts of wine (which also helped to calm the nerves!!) and continued the night with lots and lots of chat!

The strange thing is though, i never once felt uncomfortable in his company... Like, and I know that this sounds wierd, as though we had known each other for ages?? I know it sounds strange, but the whole night was just really..... nice?

Well, turns out that we have hit it off! We get on really well, and honestly, I DO hope that this could be the start of something....

Something that I want to make clear though, is that I will NOT be taking him to the Christmas party. See the thing is... I like him FAR too much, and in hindsight, I dont want to ever think of him as though he was ever part of a 'game' to find a date... because simply, it wasnt like that. When I met him, I wasnt looking for anything or anyone.. just by chance that he found an interest in me I guess? And so, I think that it is definitely true when people say that you never find someone if you are looking for them!

Anyway, we have seen a lot of each other this week and it makes me like <-------------------------THIS---------------------------------> happy :) - yes, happy enough to throw in the occassional emoticon!!!

I'll keep you all posted on how things pan out with him (but keep your fingers crossed for me eh, because I REALLY like him!).... and so now, I need a new direction to move the Blogs and Vlogs in.... Those that paid attention at the beginning of this post though, already know that I have filmed Vlog number 4.... so On Sunday, you will be able to find out exactly WHICH direction we're headed in!!!

Keep reading/watching!
Benj x

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome bud!!! It sounds like you two are doing great and I can't wait to see how things progress. Lasagna was a good choice...mmmm. I also think you did the right thing in deciding not to take him to the party because he means a lot to you. That's really sweet. Good luck with everything!!

    --Konnor

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i agree with the kid up there! :D thats really sweet of you but lasagna i dont know if that would be that easy you should try like spaggeti or something (idk how to spell that)

    ReplyDelete