Confessions: From Vlog to Blog...

Tuesday 13 October 2009

From Vlog to Blog...

OK... as promised here are the text versions of the videos!

Firstly, it seems many many moons ago now, but remember when i sent out those texts? Well, SOMEONE - yes, just ONE of the people replied! i had basically sent out like a generic messgaeto him to ask how he was ect etc (deceitful yes, effective, quite!)

He replied with the usual, im fine, how are you.... although at that precise moment (thank you God) my credit ran out and i was unable to reply... So in a mad dash to rescue my love life, i went to the shops and bought more... Although, God is not easily thwarted and although i replied to him and made idle chit chat, nothing has been heard since!! TYPICAL! By now, i should really have learnt that nothing is going to be easy!

So... on the ole Scoreboard, Technology to find a date is a resounding NO.

Moving on....I also posted my view on why i think that Romance is well and truly DEAD - to mixed views!!! Firstly, my reasoning is that i don't think that when you are out in a club and you see someone that you think is attractive... 9 times out of 10, they dont have thoughts of mad romance running through their heads... More like Carnal Animal Instinct of what your clothes would look like on their bedroom floor! Like i have said before, i like sex.. but THAT isn't romance!

Secondly... In the current era, of hoodies and chavs and drugs and violence - todays generation isnt interested in the finer things in life... Take me for example, Id rather be taken out to the theatre for a spot of Shakespeare before having candlelit dinner, as opposed to sitting on a street corner with my hood pulled so far over my face that i intimdate old ladies! Third... and by NO means last... Romance is NOT considered to be cool. Take the 1960's, with open air drive in cinemas and high school "ballroom style" dances..... now THAT was rife with romance.... nowadays though.... no such luck!
In video blog number 3 ( I mainly spoke about nothing important!) I also mentioned that i had an up and coming date on Sunday just gone....

... before i get that far though, i should fill you in on the events of the night before. Saturday night. I had met up with my friend and we had decidedly gone out to 'paint the town red'. The drinks flowed quite rapidly.... and before long i could feel the effects... Alcohol does one of two things to me... i either go into my shell completely (its actually a depressant dont you know?)OR.... i get over confident... you know, dance around like im Britney Spears and talk to anyone and EVERYONE!

Well, the barman in this particular club was decidedly beautiful. I had hankered around at the bar waiting to be served, and somewhat slyly tried to grab his gaze so that he would serve me. Obviously though, i'm not very good at that, and someone else served me instead... i gave her my order whilst she said "Could you tear your eyes off my colleague and actually look at ME when you talk to me?!". Told you i was sly. So anyway, i blushed a deeper shade of scarlet got my drink and made for the coolness of outside...

...A few minutes passed and next thing i know, i turn around and the Barman was stood behind me. Turns out, that he had asked the girl that served me what i was drinking (it was anything with a percentage) and hehad bought me out a drink!!! I was stunned, for lack of a better term, and if any of you remember when i first met Jack, it will come as no surprise to you that i just kinda stood there and beamed at him!

***Sidenote.... i really need to work on being cool!***

Anyway, i finally found my balls again and went to speak to him... DONT ask me what i said because honestly i dont remember... but i do remember that we spent ALL night talking to each other after that!!! and then all day via text and Facebook right the way up until today!!! WOOOOOP

Oh yeah.... the date that i had with 'whatshisname' on Sunday wasnt a roaring success either.... another knock for Technology there!!! - it was somewhat mediocre and to be honest, i couldnt wait for him to leave! HOWEVER!!!! all is most definitely NOT lost.... once again, i wont name names, BUT... the guy that i met on Saturday night is meeting up with me again on Friday! GOOD TIMES! Although if you think that life is going well again, take a step back. Remember who's Blog you are reading... and then wonder to yourself if it is all going as smoothly as one would like!

Later on tonight, i will be making Vlog 4 and you can watch the dilemma that i now face there!!! WATCH THIS SPACE!

Benj x

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the cute bartender!! Sounds like your date will go great! Good luck, stoked to see the new vlog soon!

    --Konnor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I thought I'd stop by to see what you were up to-would love to follow you. Stop by mine sometime and put in a few words. :-D
    www.memorableexperiences.blogspot.com

    Till we meet again!

    ReplyDelete